What Makes A Good Dentist?
We think your dentist should have the following qualities, and like to think that ours do too!
- Gentle!! (Especially shots!)
- Pain free dentistry!
- Trustworthy & Ethical
- Correct diagnosis & prognosis (Very knowledgeable)
- Clean office!
- Answers patient questions
- Respects a patient's time
- Non-clinic-like atmosphere
- Available for “after hours” emergencies (once you are an established patient)
- Attempts to give accurate cost estimates
We also like this top 10 list we saw:
- Continues His or Her Education
- A great dentist pursues continuing education opportunities to keep abreast of new research and changing technology. They are committed to learning and staying at the forefront of the dental industry.
- Creates a Welcoming Atmosphere
- A great dentist has an office with a welcoming atmosphere. Patients never feel rushed or uncomfortable. The entire staff is friendly and helpful.
- Educates Patients
- A great dentist seeks to educate his or her patients about proper dental care as well as on the treatments suggested. They encourage their patients to develop good preventative care habits.
- Extensive Scientific Knowledge
- A great dentist has a wealth of knowledge about teeth and oral hygiene. They are able to quickly identify problems as well as their most effective treatments.
- Employs a Gentle Touch
- A great dentist understands that a patient's mouth is sensitive and performs all treatments with a gentle touch. A great dentist makes an effort to minimize pain and discomfort.
- Believes in Patient Involvement
- A great dentist involves a patient in decision making for treatment. They allow patients access to their records and explain all the options for treatment. A great dentist understands that a patient needs to feel in control of his or her treatment.
- Has Good Manual Dexterity
- A great dentist needs to have excellent manual dexterity. A great dentist should be able to perform intricate procedures with ease for extended periods of time.
- Understands New Technology
- A great dentist stays up-to-date on the latest innovations in dental technology and incorporates new techniques and materials into his or her practice.
- Is Passionate About Oral Hygiene
- A great dentist has a deep passion for oral care. They seek to educate the public about developing good brushing habits and are committed to helping every patient have a healthy mouth.
- Puts People at Ease
- A great dentist can make even the most terrified patient feel at ease. They have a calming nature and help patients relax during treatment.
Dental Emergencies and Dental Referral Service
FREE Emergency Consultation (without X-Rays)
$49 Initial Emergency Diagnosis, including X-Rays